Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Doctor's Appointment that Changed Everything!

It was time for our physicals, (Ron's and mine) and I wasn't expecting the news I would get.  All of my "numbers" were higher than ever, but the A1C is the one that got my attention.  This number depicts sugar levels over a 3-month period.

Diabetics should keep that number around 6.6.  Mine was 11.8My wonderful doctor who looks a little like Doogie Houser had a very serious look on his face.  I knew this wasn't good.

Right then and there, I vowed to him and myself, that I not only had to make a change, I was going to make a change.  That change wouldn't occur next week or on a Monday, like most of my changes occurred.  It was going to start that day and it did!  No looking back!

My plan ....

- Adhere to the new and better than ever Weight Watcher plan!
- Exercise!

Since "misery loves company", Ron was going on this journey with me.  He didn't know this at the time, but I'm so proud of him and his dedication which you will read more about later.

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment